Our bodies are wonderfully designed to sweat, pure and simple. Through the process of sweating, our bodies rid themselves of toxins and our immune systems are boosted. Sitting in an infrared sauna is an efficient and safe way to create an “artificial” fever in the body, raising the core temperature to induce a sweat.
The infrared sauna in our studio is available by appointment, and you may reserve online here, whether you are a regular Bend Pilates client or not. You may also call or text us at 541.647.0876 for help in booking your sauna appointment.
Detoxification. Regular sweating helps the body rid itself of toxins including heavy metals, alcohol, nicotine, sodium, sulfuric acid and cholesterol.
Improved immunity. The artificial fever induced by sitting in a sauna strengthens the body’s immune system, and many believe the elevated temperature can weaken viruses and bacteria that cause seasonal illnesses.
Increased circulation. Sitting in a sauna raises heart rate, cardiac output and metabolism, while decreasing diastolic blood pressure.
Beautiful skin. In addition to relieving acne, eczema, psoriasis, burns, lesions and cuts, a sauna session helps the ski shed dead cells, leaving it glowing, with improved tone, elasticity and texture.
Reduced joint pain. Sauna time can help with sprains, neuralgia, bursitis, muscle spasms, joint stiffness an other muscular-skeletal issues.
Stress relief. Find rejuvenation and renewal by taking a few moments to keep your body well. Sitting in a sauna is a quiet time, just for you, that offers simple relaxation.
Startup Sauna Package. The best way to ease your body into using the sauna. For new clients only, and must be completed within a two-week period. Please call us directly at 541.647.0876 to book the Startup Sauna Package . $75
First session: 15 minutes
Second session: 20 minutes
Third session: 25 minutes
Fourth session: 30 minutes
30 minutes: $20
45 minutes: $30
60 minutes: $40
30 minutes: $160
45 minutes: $240
60 minutes: $320
– Water to drink before, during and after your session.
– Shorts and a tank top or t-shirt, or a swimsuit, for wearing while in the sauna. Or if you’re comfortable, just your birthday suit.
– Change of clothes for after.
– We recommend that you bring three or four towels: one or two for sitting on (depending on how much you sweat), one to rest your feet on and one for drying off after your sauna session.
– Towels may be rented for $10, however, we strongly encourage you to bring your own towels for your own comfort.
– Press the power button for two seconds and sauna will automatically turn on to its default setting of 160°F. Please adjust setting if you want a different temperature.
– After five minutes the sauna will heat up to 115° and you’re welcome to get in anytime, although we feel it’s better to heat up with the sauna.
– Open the door and put the first towel on the floor, then two more on the bench.
– Please do not lean against the walls in the sauna.
– When booking appointments online make sure that you leave a 15 minute window on either side of other appointments, so your fellow sauna users have time to clean up and make way for you and you for them.
– When the curtain is open, the sauna is ready for you. (If the curtain is closed, the client before you is still using the sauna.)
– Please remember to open the curtain before you leave.
Debby has been using an infrared sauna for more than ten years, and here are a few of her tips for a successful sauna experience.
– Bring more water than you think you need and DRINK IT. I don’t know anyone who is too hydrated. I generally have two big bottles, one filled with minerals and one with plain water. We sell mineral packets for $2 each at Bend Pilates.
– Protect your hair. Saunas can be great for your body but damaging to hair unless you use it as an opportunity to condition your locks while in the sauna. I use coconut oil or other leave-in conditioner. Apply a generous amount and either put your hair up or use another towel to wrap your head.
– There is a light in the sauna that you’re welcome to turn on or off. There is a button on the right of the sauna ceiling that connects to a fan above your head and this is also a vent that you’re welcome to open. When your time is up and the sauna is not yet off, please make sure you press the power button for two seconds again to turn it off.
– Dry off and get to your nearest shower 🙂